The Nonprofit Management Internship serves as a key function of EMS Closet by providing direct support to the Operations Manager. This internship involves direct program activities and administrative assignments including preparing and writing grant documents, researching issues, preparing reports, communicating with donors and supporters, and assisting with promotional work for fundraising and community outreach events. The intern will report to the Operations Manager.
• Assist with researching and preparing grant proposals and other documents.
• Writing assignments; including donor letters, social media posts, and newsletter.
• Providing administrative support to Operations Manager.
• Attend meetings and events as a representative of EMS Closet.
• Assist with event planning for fundraising events.
• Assist with project coordination and volunteer management.
• Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), as well as social media tools.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines. MUST be proactive and detail oriented.
• Able and willing to adapt to various duties and be flexible.
• Ability to bend, stoop, reach/lift arms above head, and lift up to 25 lbs.
This is an unpaid internship designed for students looking for experience in nonprofit work.